The Trust has been delighted to support the following projects:
- Berlioz 150: to fund the development of the materials available here: https://berlioz150.org/, and to enable future projects such as the creation of resources focussing on Béatrice et Bénédict, complementing the work already completed and undergoing on Fantastique! for schools.
- Aurora Orchestra: to contribute towards the costs of the Aurora Orchestra’s Symphonie Fantastique tour. Funding was specifically targeted towards the experimental venture of enabling the significant forces of the orchestra to perform the entire symphony from memory.
- Berlioz the critic: to support Roger Nichols in his work on translating and annotating the Feuilletons of Berlioz, to be published by Boydell and Brewer under the title Berlioz the Critic.
- Editing Historical Music for the 21st Century: a seminar series to develop skills in the study and editing of musical sources from the 17th to the 19th centuries. Convened by Royal Holloway and the Royal Birmingham Conservatoire and available to postgraduate music students from all UK universities.
The New Berlioz Edition Trust is seeking to expand
the number of Trustees, and invites applicants to send expressions of interest
to its Administrator, at firstname.lastname@example.org, by 31
Having completed the publication of the edition,
the Trust is in the fortunate position of being able to consider submissions
for funding for other projects. The grant criteria, and other information
about the Trust’s activities, can be found here.
In your application to become a Trustee, the Trust would like to
receive a personal statement of no more than 500 words, which should address
- Your motivation in applying to become a Trustee
- Any experience, including board experience, you can bring to the work of the Trust
- Any skills/expertise you would bring to the work of the Trust
- What you see as the top challenges and opportunities for the Trust in the next few years
The news of the sudden death on 2nd March 2023 of our fellow Trustee, Nicholas Snowman, was received with great sadness by the Trustees. Our thoughts are with his family, friends and colleagues. Barry Millington’s obituary can be found in The Guardian.
Welcome to the New Berlioz Edition website. Here you will find information about the history and activities of the New Berlioz Edition Trust – the group behind the New Berlioz Edition, published by Barenreiter Verlag – as well as information about applying for grants from the Trust.